Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A pic of Chloe and her favorite baby

Chloe continues to take care of her baby. She puts clothes on it in the morning and changes it's diaper and puts jammies on it at night. She talks baby talk to it and talks to us about it all the time. Sometimes baby is a girl and sometimes it's a boy. Baby is usually just baby, but sometimes its name changes. Baby has been in the hospital and was very sick, "but she got betta. She not die." She'll bring up the times that baby had the yellow thing in her nose (Mav had a yellow feeding tube in his nose). The other day she said, "My baby was all ova me in da bed last night." I think she's heard that line from me - she still sleeps with us sometimes. Here's a funny story about "baby" from a few weeks ago. We were at Walmart getting some groceries and baby had to go with us. Baby had clothes and a hat on and had to sit in the front of the cart I was pushing. I had some coupons and stuff sitting on baby's lap and baby was laying back and to the side with it's head kind of out of the cart. A woman walked by us on the toothpaste aisle and I saw her out of the corner of my eye. She did a double take and I heard her gasp. I looked up at her and she was looking at baby and then at me. I had to show her that baby wasn't real and explain that she has to go with us everywhere. We both got a good laugh out of it.

No comments: