Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Monday, November 9, 2009

KXXY interview and kids stuff

My stepmom, Teresa, sent me a link to the radio interview. Greg and I listened to it tonight and it made me cry. I've never heard that song before, but it was very appropriate. They did a great job compiling everything. Here's the link. http://public.me.com/jeromyadams Click on the KXXY folder - it will open the folder. Then click on Maverick and download, then open it. I'm sure the other stories are amazing, too.

The kids and I went to Lowe's this evening... They have always wanted to jump and play in a big pile of leaves, and we have plenty of leaves in the yard right now. The problem is we don't own any rakes. We've always had a lawn service do our lawn (Peltier Lawn Service - if you need a good one) and they've always cleaned up the leaves. SOOO, this evening I called and asked them to not clean up the leaves, and the kids and I journeyed out to Lowe's to pick out rakes. Chloe even got a little yellow one. The big ones are guaranteed for 25 years, so I told Carter he has to come back every year for the next twenty-five to use "his" rake. His eyes got big and he said, "I'll be 33 years old!!" They were able to rake one big pile in the front yard and play around in it a bit before dark. They can't wait to do it again tomorrow. It's funny how it's all play to them. I'll post some pics in the next few days.

Little Chloe is getting sassier every day. She's been asserting her independence and testing her momma. She was taking a bath last night and wasn't minding and I told her sternly with my stern face to "mind the first time." I was in the middle of another sentence and she said, "Wait!" I said, "what?" She looked at my face and got closer, then further back, then closer again. She finally said, "Somethins wrong with your eyes. You need to go to the doctor." I said, "What's wrong?" She said, "They're popping out of your head." How could I continue with my stern talk after that?

I better go for now. I have another test tomorrow. Love you all, jc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juli,

I laughed out loud at what Chloe said to you. Sounds just like something Olivia would say to me! Sometimes I have to turn my head to keep from laughing at her.

The interview was really nice. You did a great job and were brave for doing it.

Jamie Bergsten

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli,

I listened to the recording. Very touching it was.

That being said, I read your post about all the leaves and the kids playing in them and raking them. We've had so much rain here the last few days that all the leaves have fallen and there so icky and everywhere. We live in a condo so that stuff is supposed to be taken care of, but I'm about ready to go buy me a rake and do it myself. lol

Then the Chloe story. OMG, I laughed until I cried. I could just see her doing and saying that...what a character she is.

I hope you have a good week. Going to add you to facebook tonight if I can find ya!

Love you,

Sherry