Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chloe in Mav's Carseat

I haven't posted in a few days because I just didn't know what to post. The past few days haven't been the greatest for us with Mother's Day on Sunday, then yesterday Mav would've been eight months old. I think about all the things that should've been going on if things would've gone as expected. He would be cruising, crawling, babbling. If he was anything like Carter, he would've been trying to throw a ball. The days seem to be getting a little easier, but I still miss him so much. The evenings and nights are still more difficult. The house is quiet and there's not much going on at night, so I have lots of time to think. I am glad that he is not hurting and that he's in the most perfect place of all right now, but that still doesn't stop my tears.

I took the above picture of Chloe on Monday. She loves her babies and loves to play with the car seat we had for Mav. She's been mentioning him a bit more lately. Yesterday she came up to me about to cry and said, "I weally miss Maverick." She was carrying one of her babies at the time. I said, "I know, I do, too. What made you think about him?" She said, "I want to feed him and change he diaper." Monday she mentioned him and asked where he lived and why he didn't get to come home. I said that he was sick and he had to stay at the hospital and then he died. She asked, "Who killed him?" Wow. I told her, "Honey, he was just really sick."

Today some of the girls and I went to lunch. Ms. Marla is moving away soon and we all wanted to see her before she left. She is the life of the party and keeps us all laughing. You will be missed by many, Marla.

Tomorrow I'm going to OKC to see some of my Mediflight people. One of the girls I used to work with is moving out of state, so we're telling her "goodbye." It will be good to see everyone.

Well, I guess I'll go for now. The littlest one just crawled up on my lap. She took a late nap today, so we may be awake for awhile. She's talking away... Love you all, jc

1 comment:

Laura-Marie said...

Emma has the SAME towel and says the SAME thing when she gets out of the bath, STILL at 6! Thought that was too cute!