Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Handsome Boys and a Crazy-Haired Girl

Isn't he handsome - even all dirty and sweaty.

This was after practice. He even put the black stuff under his eyes - it was a bit smudged off by the end.

Pitching like a pro - okay, I really don't know how a pro pitches, but it looked pretty cool to me.
















The first practice of the season was tonight, and Carter had a great time. I think all of the kids did. He loves to play any kind of ball. I know some of you might not believe me, but he threw his first ball when he was nine months old. I'm being serious. I think we even have it on video somewhere. Their Poppa James came down tonight and watched him play. Then we went to get snowcones afterwards. It was after 8:30, but what the heck.



This is a picture of Chloe playing with the sidewalk chalk at the snowcone stand. She told me she was going to draw her picture. She started out with purple chalk hashing lines back and forth. She said, "Dat's my hair all crazy when I wake up."

Chloe and I just ran some errands today and I had some things to do around the house. I also had to make my coupon rounds to CVS and Walgreens. Oh, and I had to go pick up my meds from the doctor's office. I did leave them there. I was relieved when the receptionist told me they were there because short of some closet in the garage, I had no idea where I would look next. Considering how it's now 12:30, I suppose I should go ahead and take them. I've been up visiting with James and haven't taken them yet.

I downloaded some pics of Mav that were on the internal memory of my camera tonight with Carter's pics. I also came across a couple of videos. So, I was thinking, if any of you who sat with Mav or came to see him have some pics of him on your phones or cameras I would love to have them, too. If you don't have my email, send me a note here with yours (I won't publish it) and I'll send you mine. Here are a few of the ones from the camera.




Me and our sweet boy on his three-month old birthday. The staff ordered him a cake - for us to eat. But, we did put a bit of icing on his paci. He wasn't really sure about it.
The three-month-old celebration with some of the wonderful staff in Dallas.


Mav got to see some of the Dallas Cowboys and Cowboys Cheerleaders before we left Dallas.I love this. He's sleeping so well with his monkey and his frog snuggled up with him. He loved to feel of them. This was one of the first - if not the first time he had clothes on. I remember crying because he was almost three months old and had never had on baby clothes. You mamas of little bitty ones, give them an extra smooch for me tonight. I miss having those tiny cheeks to kiss. Love you all, jc

1 comment:

Angela Jones said...

The picture of little Maverick sleeping with his animals is adorable - such a sweet boy. I never knew that boys could be as sweet as little girls (since I had 2 girls first), but I have quickly learned with my little Cody that little boys are just as sweet - if not sweeter!