Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maddie and I went to church this morning. We were there for most of the music, and thankfully it wasn't sad. Greg's back has been bothering him, so he stayed home. Carter and Chloe were still at their grandparents.

When we got home, the kids were back. We had lunch and then looked at the newspapers. Carter and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things, including some white tulips for Mav's grave. While we were there, we saw a few people we knew. They both commented on the tulips. I just said thanks and didn't divulge the reason I was buying them. No need to make other people feel bad. It was nice to have some one-on-one time with Carter. He needs that every now and then, too. I think I'll start rotating who goes with me to the store.

After we returned home, I gathered my coupons and made lists for CVS and Walgreens. It's become quite a fun game for me to see how many things I can get for free - or close to free. Maddie and I went to those stores and then went to Mav's grave.

At Mav's grave, we just pick up any sticks and remove the old flowers and replace them. I sit and think and cry. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him - and I know it's the same with Greg.

Well, it's about bedtime for me. More tomorrow - love you all, jc

No comments: