Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Littlest Firecracker

Passed out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little girl. Children are so precious but they seem doubly precious when sleeping.

Loved the pic of you all on the
4th. We stayed around the house and watched fireworks from our pier. They were shot from a barge in the water by the town. Very pretty.

Congrats on getting started on the next chapter of your life...school!

I have been thinking about seeing My Sisters Keeper as well, but the hubby doesn't really want to...and I'm afraid it might be a downer for me. That being said, we did see "UP"...great movie. The town we live in is so small that the theatre didn't have 3D. My son, Dillon, was visiting and he went to ask for the glasses and they said "Oh, the movie comes in 3D and not 3D. We do not have the 3D one." What???? We already paid our money and bought our popcorn and soda! Oh well, we thoroughly enjoyed it anyway...Tom even liked it.

Have a great week,

Love,

Sherry

Juli said...

Sherry, It's good to hear from you. I bet the fireworks over the water were beautiful. I had to laugh at your issues with the movie. We saw that one and enjoyed it. It was a bit of a downer, too, though. Greg and I talked about that after we left - they married, lost a baby, didn't make it to their dreams, and she died... AHHH. I need a good comedy:) When are you coming into town? I'll have to tell Teresa to let me know so we can all go to lunch.

Anonymous said...

Hi JC,

You are right about UP. Tom and I were saying it was very sad at first but after that, it was very well done. He kinda reminded me of Mr. Magoo. You are probably too young to remember him.

I'm thinking the Proposal might be a good comedy - hopefully Tom will go see a chick flick with me.

I will actually be in Oklahoma September 24-27. Maybe we could meet for lunch Thursday or Friday
(24 or 25)? Would love to see you.

Love,

Sherry