Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

FW:

This was my view this morning - so sweet. I got to hold Mav again! A special thanks to Lutchmee - she has been Mav's nurse the past several days and she's been very pro-active about getting him in different positions and making it possible for me to hold him.

We have the transport arranged for tomorrow. Mediflight (my friends) will be coming to get him. We should be back in Oklahoma around 12 or 1 tomorrow afternoon. It will take a while to get him settled in, then Greg will meet me at the hospital. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. He's been doing great, so I think he'll do fine on transport. We've just been here so long and everyone knows him and his little quirks. They know how to deal with him when he gets sick, etc., etc. It will be so nice to have our family together again, though. So, to all Mav's doctors, nurses, therapists and support staff, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. We appreciate each one of you so much. You'll always have a special place in our hearts.

Also, a special thanks goes out to our church. They had a benefit dinner for us tonight. I know it took a lot of people and a lot of time - I know that's precious around the holidays. Thank you all - each one of you have been amazing and we appreciate your support throughout all this. I'm ready for things to be close to normal and for us to be able to be a part of our church again. It's been difficult with all the going back and forth and instability. To be honest, sometimes it's just hard to see people you know - people that care about you and your family. It's just a set-up for lots of tears. Hopefully, the worst is behind us and it will be an easy road from here on.

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. Love you all - jc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Juli! He answered our prayers again! I am so thankful you get to be with him and everything will be just how you want for the transport! We will be praying at 10:00 and then at different times through the day. Can't wait to read the blog when he is in OKC! Have a wonderful day! Amanda

Terri said...

That is fantastic news!!! I'm so happy for Mav and your family. He looks like he's doing better than when I saw him Friday morning. I'll pray for a safe trip home for you and hope to see you soon in OKC.

Lots of love and hugs,
Terri