Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

FW:

Little Mav slept alot today, but Greg said when he was awake he was very alert and looked like he was trying to smile. Wouldn't that be a great Christmas present? He's had a pretty good day. They've been able to wean his vent a little bit and his gases have remained good. He's back to two hour dwells on the dialysis. He's still putting out a little bit of urine with several diaper changes per day. It would be nice if we opened up his diaper one day and it was just soaked. I would jump for joy.

It was a dreary evening. My sister-in-law, Jan, picked up the kids and I made a cup of hot chocolate, put on some warm fuzzy socks, popped in a Christmas CD, and wrapped Christmas presents. I thought about all the things I have to be thankful for and just praised God that Mav is doing better. Maybe if all goes well tonight and tomorrow we'll be able to get him up here before Christmas.

The kids and I are still unsure about our plans for the weekend. We'll have to see how Mav behaves tomorrow. jc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little boy. Glad to hear Mav is doing better! Wish we still lived in Oklahoma so I could help you in some way. I haven't seen you in years Juli, but I am so proud of you and Greg. You are wonderful parents. God is good and he is holding you all in his arms. I hope you all can be together in Oklahoma very soon! Sherry

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your beautiful baby boy and family! We think about you often and hope you all have a blessed Christmas. Hopefully you will all be together at home soon - healthy and happy!! God Bless you all!!! julie