Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So far, so good

His chest tube drainage has markedly decreased. They've been flushing it to make sure there are no clots and his x-ray looks good, so it seems like it's working this time! He's still on his epi drip and they had to add nor-epi for his blood pressure as well. He's still very edematous, but we're thankful for the outcome of the procedure. Now we'll just have to watch him for a few days and hopefully he can start weaning off some of the drips soon. Thanks for your prayers!

Just a side note - today is the 15th anniversary of our first date. Greg is going to be leaving tomorrow to go back to Shawnee. He'll stay with the kids for a week, then I'll go stay with them for a week. This has just taken alot longer than we expected and they need us, too. I'm just guessing we'll still be here about another month... More tomorrow. jc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Laquata and I have been keeping up over the baby Maverick blog. I know that you will be glad when you can come home and be a family together. I would love to get my hands on that baby he is so cute. I just thought I would let you know that I am thinking about you all very much . Take care and keep me posted on all of the fmaily. Love ya Laquata