Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mav's pic, hand, and footprints in the hall

2 comments:

spring said...

Juli,
I have been keeping up with your blog.You may not remember me but my name is Spring I worked at cpn child care in Carters class when he was five and in after school with Maddie. You have precious children. I never had the pleasure of meeting little Chloe.Just from reading your blog I can tell she is one funny kid and so sweet ! I just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet baby Mav. I wanted to leave you a comment on this story because I can relate to what you said about Mav's little monkey and it smelling just like him. My mother passed away from breast cancer it has been 3 years now. I have a night gown that belong to her it smells just like her. I put it in a zip lock bag hoping it would keep her sent and to this day 3 years later it still smells just like her. Just wanted to share that with you and to let you know you and your family are always in my prayers. Spring

Anonymous said...

Good Job sister... I looks beautiful.
He looks beautiful!

Love ya,
Kendra