Baby Maverick

This blog was created to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with the pregnancy, birth, and surgical plan for Maverick. We'll also be able to keep everyone updated during his surgery and recovery and hopefully be able to show you some cute pictures of him, Maddie, Carter and Chloe along the way.

This was the original intent; however, when we started this blog we had no idea the twists and turns our lives would take. Our sweet baby Maverick was born September 12, 2008 with Transposition of the Great Arteries, ASD, and VSD. We expected to have a baby boy to bring home three to four weeks after his surgery. He had numerous complications after his arterial switch and fought through many that would have taken the life from an adult. He passed away February 24, 2009 - without ever coming home.

This blog is now a place I share my feelings, work through the grief, remember Maverick, and try to make sense out of our life without him. I hope in doing so I am giving a name and a face to babies everywhere born with congenital heart defects.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today was a bit better, but this afternoon was very difficult. If I'm going and doing, I'm okay. When I stop, I'm not. Maddie and Carter had dentist appointments this morning, then we went to lunch. My crazy phone isn't letting me send pics again, so maybe tomorrow. I had a hair appointment this afternoon, then picked up the kids. Carter and Maddie went to church this evening and Chloe, Greg and I stayed home. I sat at the table with Chloe as she was eating her dinner and just kept crying. She was trying her best to console me in her 3-year-old way, "Momma, you sad bout Maverick? It's okay... Why he die?" In a comment from a friend yesterday, she talked about how sometimes it feels like you're at a huge roadblock in your life, but everyone else just keeps going. You're stuck. I know that feeling.

Chloe and I finally ventured out to Walmart on Monday. We went around 12:30pm. It wasn't too busy, thankfully. I didn't notice very many babies there - I think it must have been naptime for many. I didn't hear anyone screaming at their kids either. She wanted to take her baby and her stroller into the store. I let her. She was much happier walking around pushing that stroller than she would've been if I had tried to make her sit in the cart. That's a good secret for a shopping trip with a three-year-old.

Well, I really don't have much else to say tonight. I'm feeling a little better this evening, so I don't want to get the water works flowing again. Love you all, jc

No comments: